Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Leaving New Haven

So I'm gonna be leaving New Haven tomorrow, to see if I can find out what's happened to Jen and a few other of my friends. Part of me is looking forward to this, while the other part of me is terrified of what I'll find. But I've never really let fear stop me from much of anything before.

The kids seem to be really upset about me leaving, but after explaining to them that I would eventually be back they seemed mostly ok with it. To be honest though, I don't know if I'll be back. Don't get me wrong. I plan to come back, I do. But winter is starting up and it maybe a long while before I CAN make it back here.

I realize that weather-wise this is a horrible time to leave, especially toward the northeast.  The snows they get there make ours look small and pathetic. But I can't just sit here and wait. I have always been driven forth by my curiosity and my need to "know things".

In preparation I'm taking a good chunk of supplies with me, and Josh has been kind enough to let me know of a few groups that might be up there that I can drop by and visit with. He's also asked me to see if I can make any in roads with them. Help set up the massive trade network he's building. So I'm going to see what I can do. I like to think of myself as likable enough. So it shouldn't be too hard. Hopefully. I'm also being allowed to take one of the trucks and some fuel which is good. I know how hard fuel is to come by.

I should probably get off of here though, continue to pack up and plan my route. I think I might go through West Virginia first. It'll be an interesting trip I think.












No comments:

Post a Comment