Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Prison of Need

So I just got done reading Josh's newest entry into the blog, using my computer and a little bit of the power from the compound.  I try to keep up with it daily.  In some ways, it's the only way to keep with daily events around the compound.  Especially since I haven't really gotten into the swing of being social again.  Today's post surprised me.  I never thought much about how I was teaching, only that it needed to be done and in a way that anyone could understand.  I also knew I had to teach somewhat organically being the main teacher here.  I didn't really think of it as innovative or anything, but I suppose given how education used to be before the fall, well I suppose it would be downright revolutionary.  I'm glad he likes how I teach.  To me it's the only real way to teach in these times.  Not to say that if someone comes up with a better idea (which Jackie and Will often do) I won't adopt their ideas into my style of teaching.  Hell, the more information and the more ideas given, the more I can incorporate.  At least until it becomes too large a task for just me.  Who knows, maybe I can have some of these people teach others.  Or hell, if Will would be up for it, I'd have him do it.  But for right now I can manage it I think.  I definitely don't mind my time being taken up.

The one thing that did bother me though was not letting me out of the compound to help with other things.  I definitely understand being a valuable resource, but I feel that'd be a slippery slope to walk on.  It's not that I really would want to go out there, but the option of being able to do so is important to me.  Maybe if they approach me about it, something can be worked out.  If not, well I'll deal with it.  I came here with the understanding I'd live under their laws.  I just want to help as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment