Monday, September 20, 2010

Godsend

I have to admit, I'm glad Josh put me in touch with Jackie and Will.  They both help me think on a different level, and quite honestly, despite my desire to not get close to anyone, I was starting to feel a bit lonely.  I always seem to forget that in the end I need more than just be around people.  I need to talk, to interact with them, and more than just on a professional (if you can even call it that) level.  I suppose I'm just worried. Things have been good for me here, but the pain still lingers.  Losing my family and friends remind me of everyone else I lost even before the fall, and it just seems to hit me all at once at times.  Fortunately, I'm pretty good at holding it together until I can be alone. But still, I always felt I was stronger than that.  I might start offering some more of my suggestions for defense, supplies, and such to Josh and the Council.  I feel it's my way of paying them back.  I know they probably feel my teaching does that.  In all honesty though, I teach for myself, and for everyone.  I hope those guys with the sheep will be allright.  Godspeed to them.  You know, assuming there is even such a thing.

I'm a bit worried about them finding the remains of other groups of survivors.  If people are still out lingering around, and not bunkered up somewhere by now, they should be.  I understand people need supplies and are trying to connect to others out there, but in these times, it's best just to stay put for as long as you can.

Josh has the right idea with this place.  Expand it carefully and methodically.  I wish there was a better way to protect the people out there doing the construction and such.  It pains me every time I hear of an attack on them.  Maybe if we can find a way to have the more engineering minded folk design some sort of construct to build from the safety of the rooftops and such.  Especially fencing.  What I wouldn't give for a high-rise mobile crane right about now.  But we work with what we've got.  Still there has to be a way, just got to think of it.  Course then I have to let Josh and them know about it and apply it (if it's even applicable).  Maybe I'll talk to Will some about it.  He's got a great mind.  Always turning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment